Ramkatha Schedule Detail - Switzerland Katha
The following information is provided by the organizers of Ram Katha scheduled to be held in Interlaken, A resort town in Switzerland. The following information is there to help you to plan your journey appropriately.
All Booking and Registration facility is via this website only. Please make all your reservations using our official booking facility for logistical purposes.
The Congress Center where the Katha is to be held, requires Prior Registration for all the guests whether travelling from overseas or living locally. This is purely for security, logistical and catering purposes.
All Hotelbookings: https://interlaken.e-vent.online/webform/Home/6109D02ACD394EFA9C9546B2927D9548/9E0E5E0704CE4D8DB46294E4005CD339
Registration for event participation: email@example.com
Congress Center Kursaal Interlaken
Standbad Strasse 44
CH-3800 Interlaken, SWITZERLAND
Saturday July 15th, 2017 - Sunday July 23rd, 2017
Saturday, July 15th: 4.00 pm onwards
Sunday July 16th to July 23rd: 9.30 am to 1.30 pm
Live on Aastha.
Interlaken, an Introduction:
Interlaken is a traditional resort town in the mountainous Bernese Oberland region of central Switzerland. Built on a narrow stretch of valley, between the emerald-colored waters of Lake Thun and Lake Brienz, it has old timber houses and parkland on either side of the Aare River. Its surrounding mountains, with dense forests, alpine meadows and glaciers, have numerous hiking and skiing trails.
Interlaken is very centrally located, the distance from Zurich is 2 hours and Geneva is 2 & ½ Hours which are two principal airports in Switzerland. The town has two ends called East and West and distance is just 1.6kms. One straight road connects to corners of Interlaken. The Katha Venue Congress Centre is located exactly in between with 800 meters distance from two sides. It makes it very easy for anyone to walk & commute within Interlaken.
The Swiss Capital City Bern is just 45 minutes away from Interlaken by train that runs almost every 30 minutes.
MAIN AIRPORTS IN SWITZERLAND & TO INTERLAKEN
ZURICH AIRPORT– by Road 2 Hours driving to Interlaken
GENEVA AIRPORT– by Road 2 Hours & 30 Minutes driving to Interlaken
BASEL AIRPORT– by Road 1 Hour & 30 Minutes driving to Interlaken
BUS SERVICE FROM ZURICH AIRPORT: CHF 50 per person per way
14th July from Zurich Airport 8am, 12noon & 4pm from Airport to Interlaken Hotels
15th July from Zurich Airport 8am from Airport to Interlaken Hotels
23rd July from Interlaken 6am, 10am & 12noon to Zurich airport
(The above services available only if booked in advance)
TAXI SERVICE FROM ZURICH AIRPORT TO INTERLAKEN
Standard Private Car CHF 380 per car one way (1-3 Persons)
Luxury Private Car CHF 630 per car one way (1-3 Persons)
Mercedes Viano Private CHF 600 per vehicle one way (1-5 Persons)
Mercedes Sprinter Private CHF 600 per vehicle one way (1-8 Persons)
Mini Bus on Private Basis CHF 900 per vehicle one way (8-14 Persons)
SWISS TRAINS: ZURICH / GENEVE– INTERLAKEN & RETURN TRANSFERS
|Type of Pass / Person||2nd Class||1st Class|
|Swiss (Two Transfer ticket)||CHF 150||CHF 240|
|Swiss Flexible any 3 days||CHF 250||CHF 400|
|Swiss Flexible any 4 days||CHF 300||CHF 475|
|Swiss Flexible any 8 days||CHF 425||CHF 670|
(Note: With all above Swiss passes, accompany children under 16 years travel FREE)
ZURICH AIRPORT– by Train 2 Hours, every hour with change in Bern
GENEVA AIRPORT – by Train 2 & ½ hours, every hour with change in Bern
BASEL AIRPORT – by Train 2 Hours, every hour with change in Basel SBB
A SCHENGEN VISA is required for travel to Switzerland.( Other than for British, EC or American Nationals). You may check with the Swiss Embassy in your Country to check on Visa Requirements.
1. Your visa can be applied in the country of your original / Your home country
2. After bookings & registration with us, you shall receive a covering letter of confirmation of your participation in Ram Katha. This needs to be attached with your application form at the time of application
3. Your confirmed return flight tickets along with application is must
4. Before applying visa, you must have overseas medical Insurance for the entire duration of your trip
5. You much have a confirmed accommodation from Travel Agent for entire duration of your trip and your complete schedule in case you are visiting places other than Switzerland as well
6. Visa application form along with covering letter, Format attached
Compulsory Medical and Travel Insurance:
It is compulsory to have a overseas medical insurance to travel to Switzerland and or any adjourning countries with in Europe/Schengen. The minimum insurance value has to be US$ 50,000 or beyond and period has to be for your entire stay in Schengen area. So please ensure that you arrive with full medical cover and travel insurance, as the Organizers will not take any responsibility for any medical emergencies.
It is compulsory to have a confirmed accommodation booking for all persons who are applying for visas to travel to Switzerland. Our Official travel agent has a list of several Hotels and you can chose between any of those as per your budget and days you like to stay in Interlaken. The organizers have secured limited amount of rooms at a special package rate negotiated for Ram Katha attendees and is exclusive for this event only.
Please use the booking facility, from this Ram Katha website only.
2* Hotel: Rossli
3* Hotel: Derby, De La Piax, City Oberland, Chalet Swiss, Carlton & Bernerhof
4* Hotel: Stella, Metropole, Du Nord & Bellevue
5* Hotel: Beau Rivage
5* Luxury Hotel: Victoria Jungfrau
Our appointed Travel Agent in India can help you with, flights, Hotels, Train passes, Coach transfers, Sightseeings and processing of Visa for RAM KATHA and or any extension of tour or going around Switzerland and or any part of Europe (However you can use your own agent as per your convenience):
Travel Oytser India (P) Ltd – Ajay Jaipuria
B-84/1, Okhla Industrial Area-2
New Delhi – 110020, India
Tel: +91-11-40726666 (100 Lines)
Mob: +91-98110 55101 (IN INDIA)
Mob: +41-79 24607851 (IN SWITZERLAND)
Departments you need @ Travel Oytser New Delhi
Overall planning and arrangements: Mr. Ajay Jaipuria +91 98110 55101
Ticketing department: Mr. Nitish Kumar +91 99997 18886
Visa Section & Clarifications: Mr. Nitin Jain +91 93112 70705
Other assistances: Ms. Rebecca +91 99994 53832
Ms. Deepika +91 97113 04483
Climate in Switzerland in July:
Switzerland climate will be warm as per European standards
Minimum temperatures: 13 Degree Celsius or 56 Degree Fahrenheit
Maximum temperatures: 24 Degree Celsius or 75 Degree Fahrenheit
Direct Sun can be very strong
Heat factor could be as like 22-32 Degree Celsius
High Humidity factor of 70%
Currency in Switzerland:
The local currency of Switzerland is Swiss Francs (CHF or S.Fr)
Conversion of Swiss Francs is 1 CHF = Indian Rupees 67 (As on 1 Jan 2017)
Euros or US$ or other currencies are accepted in Switzerland.
Our Recommendations - Please Read fully:
1) We anticipate a high demand for the rooms that may be sold out very fast and could have poor availability at this fascinating resort village town of Interlaken. Ram Katha guests are therefore invited to book as soon as possible, as allocation will be on first come basis.
2) The flight situation from India to Zurich can be tight and extremely busy during this time of year and so we request to book in advance as there is only one direct flight between India and Zurich each from Mumbai and New Delhi operated by Swiss Air.
3) The Room Rates are on a bed & breakfast basis, however please note there is also an arrangement for a light Indian breakfast & Dinner daily at Congress centre. Prasad shall be served each day after Katha.
4) Once you have received your booking confirmation please register on the appropriate registration link provided.
5) We advise you book transfers from Zurich or Geneva airport to Interlaken by Cars / Vans and or Buses as offered above. You can also opt for Swiss Train passes to transfer from Airport to Interlaken if you wish so.
6) The Ram Katha Hotel requires that All Ram Katha attendees must register, and collect their entry badge from the Ram Katha Helpdesk. This is for security, catering, and logistical purposes only. You will be asked to present your Ram Katha Badge before entering the hall so please make sure you present this for each day of the Katha.
7) Our Ram Katha Switzerland Team is there to assist and help you to make your stay comfortable. We kindly request you to respect their duties and assist them with your cooperation. The Ram Katha Switzerland Hosts & Hospitality Team really appreciates your understanding in this matter.
8) Interlaken is very small town, where one has to walk to Katha Hall & back to the hotels. A walk of maximum of 5-7 minutes. There will be no transport provided between the hotels and the congress centre, however there is public transport available so one need to use this.